Acne Treatment, Not Acne Scars
Acne is the pits. We all get it every now and then. And, it’s not just kids that get acne. Many ladies in mid life suddenly find themselves dealing with this at the same time as their daughters. Talk about a dirty trick! But there are some things you can do the combat these little red devils. Read the list below and see if there is not something that might help you win your battle.
Five ways to stay ahead of Acne
1. First and foremost…remember to wash your face NO MORE than twice daily. Increased irritation from washing and dryness from removing natural oils will only serve to exacerbate outbreaks. Instead, wash with a mild cleanser, avoid vigorous exfoliation, and hydrate with a non-oily moisturizer.
2. Use daily products that will help to eliminate clogged pores such as a 2% salicylic acid or a 10% glycolic acid. Eating green leafy vegetables such as spinach, certain lettuces, and broccoli can make a difference.
3. Instead of picking, apply an egg yolk mask. Just mix up a yolk, paint it on, let it dry, and then remove with a soft moist cloth. The drying will
act something like a poultice and may draw out some of the blemish contents. Additionally, it contains vitamin A, an agent used in many acne
treatments. Finally, the other vitamins (especially E) have some degree of anti-inflammatory capabilities.
4. To get a minor break-out under control, try warm/cold compresses. First apply a warm moist washcloth to your face for a minute or two,
then switch to cold. Alternate three times. Do this for several days, then back off to just a couple times weekly.
5. Finally, if your acne is getting away from you, visit a dermatology office ASAP. Acne can be devastating, and there are ever-increasing prescriptive methods of keeping it under control.